The European Low Gravity Research Association (ELGRA) is a non-profit international society devoted to the promotion of scientific research under various gravity conditions in Europe. The organization, established in 1979, provides a networking platform for all scientists interested in life and physical sciences and technology in space or on ground. ELGRA aims at representing and strengthening the scientific community of gravity-related research and helping young scientists and engineers get involved in low- and hyper-gravity research through educational programs.
The members and the addressees of ELGRA are:
- Scientists at universities working in µg
- Scientists of non-educational research organizations working in µg
- Space science managers at national and international agencies (e. g. ESA, CNES, DLR)
- Flight opportunities and operations managers and engineers (e. g. ESA, NASA)
- Upcoming payload providers (e. g. Space X)
- Engineers and business developers of Space Industries (big and small ones)