The ELGRA Mentorship Programme aims to provide career guidance, support and advice to PhD candidates, postdoctoral fellows or early-career professionals from all backgrounds and disciplines by pairing them with an experienced ELGRA member. This programme will allow mentees to connect with experts from different backgrounds in the low gravity community, offering a personalized and unique perspective for participants in the programme.
The ELGRA Mentorship Programme is an annual programme of 3 months of duration. Mentors and mentees are encouraged to meet for at least 6 hours (i.e., 2h a month) for the duration of the programme online through video conference at their convenience.
This programme is career-oriented and open to all eligible participants enrolled at a university or having completed a degree from a European institution. The aim is to help participants identify strengths and define goals and vision for their professional development, particularly those who may be facing a period of transition. It intends to inspire the next generation of gravity-related researchers.
Benefits for Mentors
- Inspire the future generation of researchers and professionals
- Help shape the future of gravity-related research
- Obtain and improve mentoring skills
- Participating mentors will be granted free annual membership
Benefits for Mentees
- Identify personal and professional strengths
- Personalised opportunity to define professional development goals
- Learn from the experience of seasoned professionals
- Develop new skills
- Obtain guidance to advance professional career
- Create networking opportunities