ELGRA is …
- a nonprofit international society of multidisciplinary character
- devoted to the promotion of European research in microgravity, simulated microgravity and hypergravity conditions
- a platform for all scientists interested in life and physical sciences in space
ELGRA aims …
- to represent and strengthen the scientific community of altered gravity research
- to involve young people in research on these topics by educational programs
- organizing scientific symposia and courses.
- co-operating with institutions and agencies in the organization of scientific events
- spreading information about announcement of opportunities (AO), new platforms and space policy to the members.
- supporting students and young scientists at scientific meetings, and via grants and educational programs from ESA.
ELGRA members are…
- individuals engaged in science under altered gravity conditionsAll Pages
- scientific institutions or companies, with interests in altered gravity research
ELGRA is managed …
- by the General Assembly of the members, which meets every two years
- by a Management Committee (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and four additional members), elected by the General Assembly, with equilibrated composition between Life and Physical Sciences and representing a fair geographical distribution
ELGRA is especially committed with students and young scientists…
- accepting student members exempt from paying any membership fee
- providing them financial support to attend meetings and courses
- organizing a student contest and a student session in ELGRA meetings across Europe